Welcome to Homeopathy with Pat Deacon
Homeopathy is a non-toxic form of medicine that draws on our innate healing capacity. A Homeopath's task is to match a person and his/her condition with an appropriate, individually selected homeopathic remedy.
I first learned about homeopathy 35 years ago. I knew I wanted to be a homeopath from that moment. I realized, even then, that all the elements involved in the profession suited my personality, skills, and interests.
I love talking to and getting to know people
- I don’t like drugs and surgery. I hate that people suffer side effects and pain from those options.
- I love the idea that healing is possible, using substances that are found all around us, remedies that don’t hurt us.
- I love a good mystery, crossword puzzles, and Sudoku.
When I am working on a case, I feel like a detective. Nothing is more satisfying to me than seeing all the pieces in a person’s life coming together in one remedy.
- I love the simplicity and elegance of homeopathy, how one substance can lead to so much change in a person’s life.
- I love the way homeopathy pulls on all of existence. I use the Periodic Table of Elements, as well as my growing understanding about plants and animals to choose a remedy for a patient. My continued study of homeopathy increases my knowledge of all of life.
- When I attended University (McGill), I majored in Religious Studies. I like that homeopathy has strong philosophical underpinnings.
10 years after discovering homeopathy, I did a professional 4 year training at a college in England (Purton House School of Homeopathy, now part of Thames Valley University).
15 years later, I came full circle and did post – graduate studies (Homeopathic Master Clinician – HMC) with my original (and current) homeopath, Louis Klein in Vancouver, B.C.
I am a registered homeopath (Hom) in the province Ontario, where homeopathy is a regulated health profession. I am also registered in the UK (RSHom) with The Society of Homeopathy whose register has been accredited with the Professional Standards Authority.
I have been in full time professional practice since 1995. During that time, I have seen thousands of patients and treated a wide variety of conditions. I have practiced in the UK, and in several Canadian provinces. For the last 10 years, I have been treating patients on Skype, who live all over the world.
About me – personally:
- I am married and have three grown – up children and one grandchild. They live in Vancouver, B.C. and in London (UK) and we visit them as often as we can.
- I live with my husband and 2 cats in a charming and lively village, which is one hour away from both Montreal, Quebec and Ottawa, Ontario.
- I am passionate about Zumba and Morris dancing. The latter, I no longer do (for want of a team!), and the former I do at least 5 times a week.
- I love live music and organize “ house”concerts at our local cultural centre.
- I hate injustice of all kinds and care about human and animal rights.
- I love farmer’s markets and food, especially the local, sustainable, and organic kind. All of our grown- up “kids” are involved with food professionally.
- Other than that, I use my bicycle and trains for transportation, whenever possible. I garden. I colour. I love hanging out with my husband, my family, my friends, our cats, and doing things in our community.
Je parle français et il me fera plaisir de vous servir dans les deux langues.
Free 15 minute Intro Consultation
If you would like to find out whether homeopathy will work for you, please book a free 15 minute consultation.