Homeopathic Treatment for Children
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR CHILDREN
Homeopathy is a natural treatment choice for children. The remedies are safe, even for newborns, and most children enjoy the “ little sugar pills” (on which the remedy is distributed).
Many parents express relief that they no longer have to wrestle with antibiotics and other foul-tasting medicines, which their children would often spit out or vomit, in any case.
A child’s casetaking is similar to that of an adult's. Since, most children are not inclined to sit and discuss themselves at length, much of the time is spent in my observation of the child as s/he plays and draws.
At least in the first consultation, I need some time alone with the parent(s) where we can talk about potentially sensitive issues, out of earshot of the child. So, ideally, the parents invite an extra adult, who can stay with the child in the reception room while we have those conversations. If that is not possible, I arrange for some Skype or phone time later.
Depending on the age and comfort level of the child, I also like time alone with him/ her. Our conversations are often very different than when the parents are in the room.
I allow 1 hour for a child’s first consultation.
I have treated the following successfully in children...
- Eczema , warts, and other skin complaints
- Fears, anxieties, and phobias
- Sleep disorders
- Asthma, croup, and other coughs and respiratory complaints
- Earaches - acute and chronic
- Chronic colds and nasal discharges
- Teething pain, delays, and other problems
- Delays in large or small motor development
- Allergies - chronic and seasonal
- Eneuresis (bedwetting)
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Childhood diseases and their sequelae: Chicken pox; Whooping cough; Hand, foot, and mouth disease; Sixth Disease; Rubella; Mumps; Measles; and Scarlet Fever.
I have seen great improvement, in various ways, in children who have been identified as being on the Autism Spectrum, or as having Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia, Oppositional Defiance or Auditory Processing Disorders.
I have treated children for many other things quite successfully, so if you don’t see what you are looking for here, please ask.